Magswitch - Changing the way things are done
Magswitch is a mechanical device that turns a permanent magnetic field completely on and off. The advantages provided by this technology offer significant new capabilities in steel fabrication and handling.
- Save significant time and money versus traditional suction systems since air is only required for actuation
- Fails Safe: Magswitch stays on even with loss of air, reducing scrap and improving safety over suction and electromagnet systems
- De-stack capability - Flux field saturation matched to the thickness of an individual sheet
- Flexible: Tools can be used in multipurpose application; quick changeover possible with removable pole shoes
- Lifts irregular and perforated surfaces where suction systems cannot
"M" housing is designed to optimize saturation of the target and is the best choice for maximum lifting strength on flat steel.
"ME" uses the "M" housing with the ability to clamp single skin sheet steel. This unique feature reduced the need for mechanical clamps in welding jigs and automated fabrication.
"AR" signifies a rectangular housing with removable pole shoes. These tools are designed for irregular shaped surfaces, pipe, cylinders, etc. This tool is the best choice when no flat area exists on the target.
"LAY" signifies Linear Array; designed for applications where stability and power are important. Multiple magnetic fields ensure strong holding forces on thin material. They are ideal for long cylinders, tubing and rough surface finishes.
"AY" signifies Circular Array which allows maximum saturation (performance) on thin material. These units are suited to sheet handling on the fly or shear. This product truly challenges suction systems while delivering fast payback on the initial investment.
The Magswitch design affords the ability to manufacture low cost, switchable permanent magnetic device, which provides a useful base component individually, as well as for integration in many applications, previously reserved to electric, hydraulic, pneumatic or other means of operation. Due to its unique design the Magswitch can hold in excess of 250 times its own weight.
The intrinsic safety and independence from any external power source of the Magswitch allows in many cases to replace existing electromagnets in accordance with the need to develop ecological sustainability and improved performance.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PRODUCT, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SALESPERSON OR CALL 800-228-2790